Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Travelling Tagore Train







































































I went to Howrah Station today for the inauguration of the Sanskriti Express, which is a museum/exhibition train that displays the life and works of Tagore.
It was flagged off earlier this year by the Minister of Railways, Mamata Banerjee, and now will be travelling all around India.

I realised that my project is drifting slightly more towards Tagore, probably owing to the fact that it is his 150th birth anniversary this year, and the greatness with which he is being celebrated in Bengal. This also throws an idea of making a series of artworks related to my subject matter, with the feel of these old photographs that were showcased at this 'travelling-museum'.


THERE ARE PLENTY MORE PICTURES. I HAVE PUT UP A FEW TO SUMMARISE THE EVENT.

No comments: